Armada is looking for an engineer to join our product engineering group. Armada designs, develops and manufactures automotive assemblies. We are fully design responsible for a majority of our products. This individual will manage automotive component and assembly programs from initial design sketches, through design, prototyping, validation, production process development and on to production high volume launch. The candidate would need automotive interface experience at the OEM level, design experience and, preferably, plastic injection molding experience. The need is immediate. Click to see an overview of the job description.
Armada Automotive will use the following job description as a reference only for evaluating present employees and as an outline for hiring potential new employees. The Company is committed to upgrading and training in all aspects of Health & Safety for existing employees and will use these job descriptions to help achieve this end.
It is the responsibility of the worker to work safely and report all unsafe or unhealthy conditions. All employees must have the ability to understand basic written and verbal instructions to complete his/her assigned tasks.
A. NATURE & SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for managing product development programs at Armada while following all IATF 16949 requirements. Act as integral part of the product engineering team. .
B. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and oversee the product programs to meet our growth requirements and to exceed customer expectations.
- Combination of project management and technical lead on new automotive products.
- Develop, implement and improve all IATF 16949 product engineering systems
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to customers
- Ensure Armada is aware of leading edge technology on our products
- Develop strong customer relationships on key customer accounts
- Lead product design engineer on programs
Product Engineer page 2
C. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Automotive Product Design, APQP and launch experience.
- Get it done attitude a must.
Armada Automotive welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.