Armada is looking for a quality engineer to support our engineering and production teams. Armada, an IATF 16949 certified company, uses plastic injection machines and assembly systems to build automotive components and assemblies. This individual would support the engineering group through APQP and PPAP and supports production by implementing and maintaining world class quality systems. The candidate would need automotive experience and, preferably, a plastic injection molding background. The need is immediate. Click to see an overview of the job description.
Immediate Supervisor: Quality Manager
Armada Automotive will use the following job description as a reference only for evaluating present employees and as an outline for hiring potential new employees. The Company is committed to upgrading and training in all aspects of Health & Safety for existing employees and will use these job descriptions to help achieve this end.
- Nature And Scope Of Position
To provide leadership and direction through the utilization of the appropriate Quality Skills.
To provide leadership and input in the maintenance and improvement of the Quality System
To provide leadership, direction and input in the Corrective / Preventive Action process.
To participate and provide input in the Quality Improvement process
It is the responsibility of the worker to work safely and report all unsafe or unhealthy conditions. All employees must have the ability to understand basic written and verbal instructions to complete his/her assigned tasks.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Be familiar with and participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning meetings. Activities will include:
- Development and approval of gages and fixtures
- Creating or co-ordinating the creation of Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA’s, Process Control Plans
- Review and interpretation of prints, including abilities to interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Including review and analysis of Coordinate Measuring data from CMM.
- Measurement System Analysis activities Gauge calibration and Gauge R&R
- Basic statistical knowledge, including:
- The use of SPC software
- Capability studies (Short Term vs Long Term)
- Co-ordinating customer required PSOs (as per customer requirements)
- Development and maintenance of Customer PPAPs
- Including IMDS application and input
- Review and approval/rejection of Supplier PPAPs
- Have detailed knowledge of Armada QMS
- Knowledge of IATF-16949
- Be aware of and ensure Armada compliance to Customer Expectations and Requirements
- Ability to interact with Customer including Customer Visits, as required.
- Advise Quality Inspection staff of product conformance by:
- Reviewing questionable product that cannot be safely dispositioned
- Reviewing and reacting to product or processes that are Outsourced, including:
- Communicating nonconformances to outsourced suppliers, as required.
- Issuing and reviewing any requested corrective / preventive actions that may result from nonconformances
- Working in conjunction with the Purchasing team to evaluate and/or develop outsourced suppliers.
C. Education and Experience
- Applicable Technical Degree or Diploma preferred
- Knowledgeable of Quality Concepts, Statistics, Metrology
Armada Automotive welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.