Armada is looking for a Sustainability Manager to develop, implement and maintain an ISO 14001 Environmental Management system. Armada, an IATF 16949 certified company, uses plastic injection machines and assembly systems to build automotive components and assemblies. This individual would develop and maintain Armada’s sustainability activities as they move towards being a carbon neutral company. The need is immediate.
Department: Human Resources
Immediate Supervisor: President
Armada Automotive will use the following job description as a reference only for evaluating present employees and as an outline for hiring potential new employees. The Company is committed to upgrading and training in all aspects of Health & Safety for existing employees and will use these job descriptions to help achieve this end
It is the responsibility of the worker to work safely and report all unsafe or unhealthy conditions. All employees must have the ability to understand basic written and verbal instructions to complete his/her assigned tasks.
Nature And Scope of Position
Responsible for developing and maintaining Armada’s sustainability activities. As the automotive industry transfers to a carbon neutral energy usage model, the large OEM customers will require their suppliers to meet ever stringent sustainability standards. The sustainability manager will work with the Armada team to identify opportunities for improvement and implement & maintain systems to achieve the sustainability goals. Maintain industry databases to ensure the responsible sourcing of materials as they relate to conflict minerals and other restricted substances.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain an ISO 14001 Environmental Management system.
- Work with all departments to identify and implement waste reduction strategies
- Create a baseline of Armada’s current and historic energy usage.
- Working with production, engineering and maintenance, identify avenues for transferring to a more efficient or green energy usage
- Identify and apply for any relevant government funding related to sustainability, reduced energy and green energy
- Working with Human Resources manager, develop and publish an annual corporate social responsibility / sustainability report
- Administer the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) to track improvement plans for CO2 emissions
- Administer responsible sourcing of materials program – conflict minerals and restricted substances
Education and Experience
- Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Business Degree required.
- Prior experience in ISO 14001, sustainability and/or environmental sciences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Ability to develop a system, create the written work instructions, train all stakeholders and ensure that the implemented system is continuously utilized.
- Get it done attitude a must.
Armada Automotive welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.